Monday 13 November 2017
'Electric Summer' tour dates announced
Following the MTV Unplugged acoustic gigs in early 2018, a-ha will go on tour again in the summer with a full electric band. The 'Electric Summer' tour includes the band's first performance at a jazz festival, a number of outdoor shows in Norway and the UK, and their first ever show in Israel.
a-ha Return to the UK in June
a-ha will return to the UK in June for six shows in carefully selected venues, playing a full electric set of their biggest hits, as well as new material. The guys will be joined by a new band including a string section, and special guests OMD and Thompson Twins' Tom Bailey.
Morten says, "We do feel a close affinity to the UK and our fans there. It's exciting to play outdoors and take our music to locations which are not traditional arena touring places. As ever we always want to do things in a new way, to keep things exciting for our fans."
There is a fan presale on 15 November at 9am GMT for the UK dates below; the general sale begins on 17 November. See you there!
- 7 June - Canterbury - Canterbury The Spitfire Ground
- 9 June - Yeovil - Yeovil Huish Park*
- 10 June - Cambridge - Cambridge Cambs Glass Stadium
- 14 June - Doncaster - Doncaster Keepmoat Stadium
- 16 June - Blackpool - Blackpool Bloomfield Road
- 17 June - Darlington - Darlington Mowden Park
* Note that the special guest at Yeovil is Marc Almond in place of OMD.
For UK ticket presale information, visit http://www.lhgtickets.com - use code ahaPRESALE.
First Concert in Israel
On 21 June a-ha will perform their first ever concert in Israel, at Exhibition Gardens in Tel Aviv!
Tickets go on general sale on 15 November via http://www.eventim.co.il.
New July Dates Announced
It has already been announced that a-ha will play at Kongsberg Jazzfest on 6 July - now we can confirm five additional concerts in July:
- 4 July - Rattvik, Sweden - Dalhalla
- 16 July - Trakai, Lithuania - Trakai Castle Hall
- 17 July - Sigulda, Latvia - Sigulda Castle
- 19 July - Tartu, Estonia - Tartu Song Festival Grounds
- 25 July - Vienne, France - Theatre Antique de Vienne
The shows in Lithuania, Sweden and Estonia go on general sale on 16 November; Latvia and France go on general sale on 17 November. Direct ticket links will be added to the Electric Summer tour page as soon as we receive them, so please keep checking back!
Update 15 November
Accessible Tickets Purchase Information for the UK shows:
- The Spitfire Ground, Canterbury - 0800 988 4440 (Ticketmaster)
- Huish Park, Yeovil – 01935 847 888
- The Cambs Glass Stadium, Cambridge – 01223 566 500
- Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster – 01302 762576
- Bloomfield Road, Blackpool – 0844 847 1953 (option 3)
- Mowden Park, Darlington – 01325 350 267